- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Looking for former Cape musicians
To the editor:
I'm looking for information about two pianists formerly of Cape Girardeau.
Tommy Chambers' family owned a feed store on Good Hope Street back in the 1930s. They moved to Hollywood, where Tommy became Fred Astaire's favorite accompanist.
Clyde Ridge moved to New York City and became a freelance jazz pianist and made player-piano rolls for the Aeolian Music Co.
If anyone knows of friends or relatives who might give me more information, please call me at 573-335-6459. Thanks.
JERRY FORD, Cape Girardeau