- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Looking for former Cape musicians
To the editor:
I'm looking for information about two pianists formerly of Cape Girardeau.
Tommy Chambers' family owned a feed store on Good Hope Street back in the 1930s. They moved to Hollywood, where Tommy became Fred Astaire's favorite accompanist.
Clyde Ridge moved to New York City and became a freelance jazz pianist and made player-piano rolls for the Aeolian Music Co.
If anyone knows of friends or relatives who might give me more information, please call me at 573-335-6459. Thanks.
JERRY FORD, Cape Girardeau