- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area calendar 6/19/08
* Southeast Missouri State boys camps: The Southeast Missouri State men's basketball program will host camps conducted by Southeast coach Scott Edgar, his assistants, current and former Redhawks players and guest coaches. A skills camp for grades 1 through 12 will be Monday through Wednesday. Cost: $120, with lunch provided daily. A team camp for seventh-, eighth- and ninth-grade teams will be June 27 through 29. Cost: $195, with dorm and meals included. There is a team rate (12 players maximum) of $600, with teams providing their own room and board. A team camp for high school varsity and junior varsity teams will be July 27 through 29. Cost: $195, with dorm and meals included. There is a team rate (12 players maximum) of $600, with teams providing their own room and board. A day camp for grades 1 through 8 will be Aug. 4 through 6. Cost is $75. Info: 651-2564 or 651-2113.
* Southeast Missouri State girls elite camp: The Southeast Missouri State women's basketball program will host an elite camp for grades 8 through 12. It will run from Friday to Sunday and be conducted by Southeast coach John Ishee, his assistants, Redhawks players, and other coaches and players from the region. Cost: $110, or $145 with lunch and dinner, or $200 with all meals and dorm. Info: 986-6168 or 651-2113.
* Skills camps: Jackson will hold skills camps for players ages 5 to 14. The first camp, which focuses on developing skills in dribbling, passing and shooting, will take place Tuesday to June 27. It will run from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for ages 5 to 7, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. for ages 8 to 10 and from 1 to 3 p.m. for ages 11 to 14. The second skills camp will run from July 28 to July 31. It will run from 8:30 to 10 a.m. for ages 5 to 7, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for ages 8 to 10 and from 1 to 3 p.m. for ages 11 to 14. Cost: $50 for each camp if player is preregistered, and $55 at the door for each camp. Info: Darrin Scott, 979-1454.
* Shooting/ball handling camp: Notre Dame Regional High School will host a shooting and ball handling camp designed to improve a player's fundamentals. The camp is from Monday to June 27 and runs from 1 to 4 p.m. Cost: $80. Info: 335-3458, ext. 310.
* Youth football camp: A registration date has been set for the Dream Team Football Camp, which will be conducted Monday to June 28 in Cape Girardeau. Sign-ups for the free five-day camp will be Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. at Shelter No. 7 at Arena Park. The camp is for children entering grades 4 to 7, and they need to show their latest report card at registration. Camp times will be 6 to 9 p.m. from Monday to June 27, and 8 to 11 a.m. on June 28. The camp will be conducted at the fields behind Arena Golf on Hawthorn Rd. Info: Brad Jones, 450-7383; Hubert McDonald, 794-0220.
* 18 Fore Life tournament: The inaugural Ben Kruse 18 Fore Life charity golf event will take place Monday at Dalhousie Golf Club. The four-person scramble will feature a 7:30 a.m. shotgun start and 1:30 p.m. shotgun start. The event benefits local families who are battling cancer. Cost: $500 per team, which includes lunch, drinks and golf. Info: Darrin Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org or 2775 Ridgeway Dr., Jackson, Mo. 63755.
* T.E.A.M. tournament: The third annual T.E.A.M. Southeast golf tournament will take place Monday at Cape Girardeau Country Club. The tournament is the fundraiser for the Southeast Missouri State football team. The four-person scramble will have an 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. shotgun start. Cost: $100 per person, which includes lunch. Info: Laurel Adkisson, 334-1095 or Justin Kramer, 651-2110.
* Going the Distance 5K: The eighth annual Going the Distance for Victims of Violence 5-kilometer run/walk will take place Saturday at the corner of Broadway and Lorimier Street. It will begin at 7:30 a.m., and registration starts at 6:30 a.m. Info or to register: Lisa, 335-7745.
* Skateboarding competition: The Cape Girardeau Skate Park Association will host its third biannual skateboarding competition Sunday. Sign-up ends at noon and competition begins at 1 p.m. at the skate park in Missouri Park. All ages are invited to compete. Cost: $10 on sign-up days or $15 on day of competition. Info: Nathan Themm, 200-0855.
* Kicks camp: Kicks Soccer Shop will host a camp for players between the ages 5 and 12 from Monday to June 27 at Shawnee Soccer Park. It will run from 8 to 11 a.m. The camp is designed to improve the technical and tactical abilities of players. Cost: $60. Info: Kicks Soccer Shop, West Park Mall in Cape Girardeau.
* Tennis camp: The Cove Recreational Complex will host a camp directed by Scott Hubbard from Monday to June 27. The camp for boys and girls between the ages 10 and 18 will run from 1 to 3 p.m. Info: Training Edge, 332-8699 or Scott, 450-7590.
* Notre Dame camp: Notre Dame Regional High School will host a fundamentals camp for girls entering grades 6 to 8 from Monday to June 27. Varsity coach Tara Stroup will lead the camp, which will run from 9 a.m. to noon daily. Cost: $65. Info: 335-3458, ext. 310.
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail before noon each Wednesday to be included in the calendar.