- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Veterans home gets new administrator
Hal Dulle, executive director of the Missouri Veterans Commission, announced Tuesday that Viviane Rains will be the new administrator of the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
Rains will take over the administrator position from Jan Rau, who accepted another position within the Missouri Veterans Commission.
Rains has 13 years of experience with the veterans commission and has spent the last six years as the assistant administrator at the Missouri Veterans Home in St. James, Mo.
As an administrator in Cape Girardeau, Rains will be responsible for many of the day-to-day activities in running the home, such as taking care of residents and resolving staff-related issues, according to Daniel Bell of the Missouri Veterans Commission.
"She'll be making sure the home runs smoothly, safely and efficiently," Bell said.