- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson, Oran split
The Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team defeated Oran 4-3 in the first game, but dropped the second 11-8 on Monday.
Jackson (10-4) scored all of its runs in the first inning of the first game. Spencer Sander, Garrett Fritsche and Ryan Bass all doubled in the win.
Fritsche went the distance on the mound, allowing four hits.
Oran led 8-4 in the seventh, but Jackson scored four to send it to extra innings. Cody Dirnberger smacked a three-run triple in the ninth to win it.
Steven Dooley earned the win in the second game.
-- From staff reports