- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Courtney Leigh Sorrells, 18, of Sikeston died Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Aug. 4, 1986, at Houston, Texas, daughter of Stan and Brenda Sorrells.
She was a 2004 graduate of Sikeston High School, where she was a member of the Red Peppers. She was also a member of the American Legion Junior Auxiliary and the Girl Scouts. She was enrolled for the fall semester at the University of Mississippi.
Survivors include her parents; maternal grandparents, Roscoe and Mary Frances Vaughan of Sikeston; paternal grandparents, Don and Bette Sorrells of Sikeston; and paternal grandmother, Helen Sorrells of East Prairie, Mo.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home after 5 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. The Rev. Stephen Schneider will officiate, with burial in Dogwood Cemetery.