- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson's Schlick earns honor
Jackson junior forward Bobbi Jo Schlick capped a successful soccer season by being the lone local Class 2 player to be selected to the all-state first team.
Schlick helped the Indians reach the sectional round of the playoffs, where they lost to Hazelwood Central 1-0 on a goal in the final two minutes.
Jackson's Chelsea Dale, who has signed to play soccer this fall at Southeast Missouri State, was named to the Class 2 all-state second team, along with the Indians' Lauren Drewett, who has signed to play soccer at Quincy next year.
Jackson senior Jenni Tenholder, who has committed to play soccer at Southwest Baptist next year, was awarded third-team all-state honors.
Notre Dame junior Mindy Siebert and Perryville senior Kendra Schilli were selected to the Class 1 all-state first team.
Schilli helped Perryville to its best season in school history. The Pirates advanced to the Class 1 quarterfinals for the first time before losing to Notre Dame St. Louis 5-1. Their postseason run included beating Notre Dame 1-0 in the Class 1 District 1 championship game.
Both Notre Dame's Alex Fowler and St. Vincent's Courtney Besand were selected to the Class 1 all-state third team.