- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson Board of Aldermen action
* Approved the donation of an amount of up to $3,000 in matching funds to the Jackson Chamber of Commerce for the annual Independence Day fireworks display.
* Accepted the 2007 City of Jackson Audit Report as prepared by Beussink, Hey, Roe, Seabaugh and Stroder LLC.
* Approved change order No. 1, in the amount of $60,334.05, to Big D Electric Inc. of Eldorado, Ill., for the 34.5 kV Electric Transmission Line and Distribution System Improvement Project.
* Approved change order No. 2, in the amount of $81,243.41, to Big D Electric Inc. regarding the 34.5 kV Electric Transmission Line and Distribution System Improvement Project.
* Approved the Re-Plat of a Part of Block G of Russell Heights Cemetery First Addition.
* Accepted the bid of Monroe Plumbing & Heating Coo. Inc. of Cape Girardeau in the amount of $40,220.41 for the East Jackson Boulevard water line replacement project.
* Authorized a contractual agreement with Monroe Plumbing & Heating Co. Inc. for the East Jackson Boulevard water line replacement project.
* Authorized the closure of East Jefferson Street between South High and South Hope streets from 8 a.m. to noon daily from July 7 through July 11 for the First Baptist Church vacation Bible school.
* Amended Chapter 55 of the Code of Ordinances regarding the construction of sidewalks along East Main Street.
* Amended the "Crosswalks Designated Schedule -- Schedule XVI", by repealing and adding designations on Bast Street, Broadridge Drive, East Lane, Elm Street, Elmwood Boulevard, Elwanda Drive, Henderson Street, Morgan Street, Oak Street, Rolling Fields Drive, Springview Drive, North Union Avenue, North West Lane and Willow Bend Drive, for the Oak Street Recreation Trail Project.
* Amended the "Parking Prohibited At All Times On Certain Streets Schedule -- Schedule IX", by repealing and adding designations on Oak Street, for the Oak Street Recreation Trail Project.