- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Oran man charged with forcible rape
ORAN, Mo. — Cameron M. Gettings, 17, of Oran, was arrested Monday and charged with forcible rape after allegedly assaulting a juvenile in Chaffee, Mo.
According to a probable cause statement written and signed by Dustin Jarrell, of the Chaffee police department, the vicitm's borther, also a juvneile, cotnacted police and told them his sister had been raped.
The vicitm was too upset to be able to speak clearly, but conveyed to officers that a male subject had pushed his way into her house and she had thrown a table at him trying to get away.
"He wouldn't stop," she told police.
Jarrell asked the vicitm to take him to the residence where the attack had occurred. When they arrived, he had her sit on the couch and asked her if she knew the person who'd raped her. She identified Gettings, according to the sworn statement.
She also stated that her bibycle was now misisng.
The victim received a sexual assault exam and evidence was collected at a nearby hospital. While at the hospital with the vicitm, Jarrell learned that police had already taken Gettings into custody.