- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Bearl L. McDaniel, 97, of Jackson died Sunday, June 15, 2008, at Monticello House.
He was born Jan. 18, 1911, in Glenallen, Mo., son of Jesse and Nettie Sitzes McDaniel. He and Lorene Simpher were married Nov. 29, 1941, in Cape Girardeau.
McDaniel worked 28 years at Florsheim Shoe Co., farmed land at Allenville, and owned and operated McDaniel & Son Feed Supply on Highway 74 in Cape Girardeau.
McDaniel lived in Jackson the past three years and before that in Cape Girardeau 50 years.
Survivors include his wife of Jackson; a son, Joe (Carol) McDaniel of Jackson; two granddaughters, Debbie (Ernie) Thiele of Marble Hill, Mo., Marsha (Gary) Job of Scott City; nine great-grandchildren, Amanda Jo, Kristie, Lindsay, Ryan and Hanna Thiele, and Trevor, Brennen, Makayla and Kelsie Job.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and four sisters.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at noon Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society.