- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
COLUMBIA, Ill. — Anita Floyd Geringer, 91, of Columbia died Thursday, June 12 at Columbia Convalescent Center.
She was born July 26, 1916, in Cape Girardeau, to Theodore and Martha Schrader Floyd. She was married to Robert Geringer in Cape Girardeau.
She worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. for many years.
She is survived by her husband; three grandchildren, Lisa Hrdlicka and Brad Roberts of Columbia and Dennis Roberts of Millstadt, Ill.; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and mother, Theodore and Martha Schrader Floyd; her daughter, Wanda Jean Geringer Roberts; her sister, Ida Watkins; and one great-grandchild, Jonathon Roberts.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to noon today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A graveside service will be held at noon today at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Burial will be held at the park.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn. 38105.