- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
COLUMBIA, Ill. — Anita Floyd Geringer, 91, of Columbia died Thursday, June 12 at Columbia Convalescent Center.
She was born July 26, 1916, in Cape Girardeau, to Theodore and Martha Schrader Floyd. She was married to Robert Geringer in Cape Girardeau.
She worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. for many years.
She is survived by her husband; three grandchildren, Lisa Hrdlicka and Brad Roberts of Columbia and Dennis Roberts of Millstadt, Ill.; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and mother, Theodore and Martha Schrader Floyd; her daughter, Wanda Jean Geringer Roberts; her sister, Ida Watkins; and one great-grandchild, Jonathon Roberts.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to noon today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A graveside service will be held at noon today at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Burial will be held at the park.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn. 38105.