- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Columbia, Ill. — Anita Floyd Geringer, 91, of Columbia died Thursday, June 12, 2008, at Columbia Convalescent in Columbia.
She was born July 26, 1916, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Theodore and Martha Schrader Floyd. She and Robert Geringer were married in Cape Girardeau.
She worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. many years.
She is survived by her husband, Robert, of Columbia; three grandchildren, Lisa Hrdlicka and Brad Roberts of Columbia, Dennis Roberts of Millstadt, Ill.; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father, Theodore Floyd; mother, Martha Schrader Floyd; daughter, Wanda Jean Geringer Roberts; sister, Ida Watkins; and a great-grandchild, Jonathon Roberts.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A service will be held at noon Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105.