- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Essner - 50 years
BENTON, Mo. — Mr. and Mrs. Paul Essner of Benton celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a Mass, dinner and dance.
Hosts were their children. Celebrants were the Revs. Alphonse Hoernig, Phillip Bucher, Normand Varone and James Seyer.
Essner and Geneva Seyer were married April 19, 1958, at St. Lawrence Church in New Hamburg, Mo., by the late Rev. Thomas Doyle.
The couple's attendants were Herman and Dorothy Essner, James and Bertha Seyer, and Marie and the late Paul Elfrink.
The Essners have eight children, Theresa, Gerard, and Ronnie (Laura) Essner, Sheila (Ricky) Harper, Curtis (Cheryl) Essner, Jeff (Gina) Essner, Melissa (Justin) Sullivan, and Jamie (Emily) Essner.
They have 19 grandchildren, Ashley, Ryan, Zachary, Lance, Christian, Ross, Abby, Seth, Camden, Jenna Carson and Gwendolyn Essner; Matthew and Whitney Harper; Ashley, Austin, Nathanael and Nicholas Sullivan; and a deceased granddaughter, Kelsi Essner.