- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Wela Bolen Reeves, 96, of Mounds, Ill., died Friday, June 13, 2008, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo.
She was born March 4, 1912, in Karnak, Ill., daughter of the late Claude Bolen and Delcie Miller Bolen. She and Jesse L. Reeves were married May 6, 1950, in Paragould, Ark.
Reeves was a member of the Church of Christ in Cairo and attended Wetaug Church of Christ. She was a correspondent for the Cache Valley Apartments News in Ullin, Ill., and for the Citizen and Dongola Tri-County Recorder.
Survivors include a son, Joel Carr of Mounds; daughter, Carol Jean Eddlemen of Villa Ridge, Ill.; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband; her parents; four brothers; and two sisters.
Friends may call from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, with the Rev. Buddy Walls officiating. Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge.