- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Charley Thomas Estes, 89, of Marble Hill died Thursday, June 12, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 4, 1919, in Grassy, Mo., son of Louis and Lury Like Estes. He and Virgie Acup were married June 27, 1946.
Estes was a retired construction worker.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; and two sisters, Goldie Guthrie and Dorothy Swan of Marble Hill.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to service time Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill, with full military honors provided by VFW Post 5900 and Missouri Military Honors Team.