- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Charley Thomas Estes, 89, of Marble Hill died Thursday, June 12, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 4, 1919, in Grassy, Mo., son of Louis and Lury Like Estes. He and Virgie Acup were married June 27, 1946.
Estes was a retired construction worker.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; and two sisters, Goldie Guthrie and Dorothy Swan of Marble Hill.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to service time Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill, with full military honors provided by VFW Post 5900 and Missouri Military Honors Team.