- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Edna S. Rose, 83, formerly of Piedmont, Mo., died Thursday, June 12, 2008, at the Lutheran Home-Assisted Living East in Cape Girardeau, where she had resided more than a year.
Mrs. Rose was born June 27, 1924, near Des Arc, Mo., the daughter of Hansford and Millie (Jackson) Miller, who preceded her in death.
A resident of Piedmont for more than 40 years, Mrs. Rose attended Flat River Junior College and obtained a teaching certificate. She taught in several one-room schools in Wayne and Iron counties. She retired as office manager of Brown Shoe Co. factory in Piedmont. She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Piedmont more than 50 years.
She was married in 1943 to Ruben Sullivan. In 1950 she was married to Emil S. Rose, who died Nov. 21, 1996. She also was preceded in death by a son, David J. Rose, a brother and three sisters.
She is survived by her son, R. Joe Sullivan (Marge) of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Esther Collier of Burlington, Iowa, (formerly of Piedmont); a stepson, Ardith Rose (Kese) of Trenton, Mich.; two grandsons, Jason Sullivan of Boston and Brendan Sullivan of Dublin, Ireland; a stepgrandson, Dan Rose; several great-stepgrandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Visitation is 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Morrison-Worley Funeral Chapel in Piedmont, followed by memorial service at 2:30 p.m. Burial will be in Meadows Cemetery in the Brushy Creek community near Des Arc.