- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
No contest plea in case of woman stuck to toilet
NESS CITY, Kan. -- A western Kansas man has pleaded no contest to mistreating his girlfriend, who became stuck to a toilet after refusing to leave the bathroom for two years.
Police discovered Kory McFarren's girlfriend, Pam Babcock, physically stuck to the toilet in February.
McFarren told police Babcock had refused to come out of the bathroom for two years. Police believe she spent at least a month sitting on the toilet.
A Ness County court clerk says McFarren also pleaded no contest Friday to an unrelated charge of lewd and lascivious behavior. The charge stemmed from an incident in March in which he allegedly exposed himself to a minor.
A sentencing date hasn't been set.