- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
No contest plea in case of woman stuck to toilet
NESS CITY, Kan. -- A western Kansas man has pleaded no contest to mistreating his girlfriend, who became stuck to a toilet after refusing to leave the bathroom for two years.
Police discovered Kory McFarren's girlfriend, Pam Babcock, physically stuck to the toilet in February.
McFarren told police Babcock had refused to come out of the bathroom for two years. Police believe she spent at least a month sitting on the toilet.
A Ness County court clerk says McFarren also pleaded no contest Friday to an unrelated charge of lewd and lascivious behavior. The charge stemmed from an incident in March in which he allegedly exposed himself to a minor.
A sentencing date hasn't been set.