- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
No contest plea in case of woman stuck to toilet
NESS CITY, Kan. -- A western Kansas man has pleaded no contest to mistreating his girlfriend, who became stuck to a toilet after refusing to leave the bathroom for two years.
Police discovered Kory McFarren's girlfriend, Pam Babcock, physically stuck to the toilet in February.
McFarren told police Babcock had refused to come out of the bathroom for two years. Police believe she spent at least a month sitting on the toilet.
A Ness County court clerk says McFarren also pleaded no contest Friday to an unrelated charge of lewd and lascivious behavior. The charge stemmed from an incident in March in which he allegedly exposed himself to a minor.
A sentencing date hasn't been set.