- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Evelyn Rose Logsden, 70, of Kalamazoo, Mich., died Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2004, at her home.
She was born March 30, 1934, in Jackson, daughter of William H. and Ara Caroline Kinder Schroeder. She and Cletys Logsden were married in 1952. He died in 1998.
Logsden was a 1952 graduate of Jackson High School. She worked many years at Clark Equipment in Kalamazoo, did volunteer work for the Red Cross and senior food program, and the past 40 years was a disc jockey for WKPR Radio in Kalamazoo.
Survivors include two daughters, Pam McHugh of Plainwell, Mich., Sharon Logsden of Kalamazoo; two sons, Michael and Timothy Logsden of Kalamazoo; a brother, Bill Schroeder of Knoxville, Tenn.; four sisters, Bess Frayne of O'Fallon, Mo., Dorothy Buchheit and Wilma Durnall of Jackson, Shirley Hahs of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son and a brother.
There is no visitation.
A memorial service will be held Aug. 15 in Kalamazoo.
Announcement courtesy of Redmond Funeral Home in Kalamazoo.