- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Father charged with killing his two children
ST. LOUIS -- A father was charged with murder Tuesday for allegedly suffocating his two toddlers on a muddy bank of the Mississippi River in St. Louis one day earlier, authorities said. assistant St. Louis circuit attorney Ed Postawko said Anthony Moore, 25, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder. Bond was set at $3 million. Moore is accused of killing 2-year-old Toni Moore and her half brother, 10-month-old Kana Anderson. Police said the children had the same father but different mothers. The children's father remained in police custody Tuesday, after being hospitalized Monday for psychiatric observation.
The toddlers were found Monday afternoon next to Moore's car, which was parked on a boat ramp at North Riverfront Park, not far from the Chain of Rocks Bridge. A muddy Moore was picked up by St. Louis County police a short time later outside of a relative's home.
Postawko said he did not have a date yet for Moore's initial court appearance and did not know if Moore had a lawyer yet.