- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Charles F. Goettelmann, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, June 12, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Sept. 13, 1923, in St. Louis, son of Charles F. and Katherine Buri Goettelmann. He and Florence O'Brien were married Sept. 16, 1944, in St. Louis. She died April 12, 2008.
Goettelmann was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral. He had been a sales manager with Santa Fe Railroad.
Survivors include two daughters, Suzanne Dey of Waterford, Mich., Sally Beaudean of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jack Goettelmann of St. Louis; a sister, Bunny Davis of Bel Air, Md.; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.