- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cardinals place Pujols on 15-day disabled list in move to activate Pineiro
CINCINNATI -- The St. Louis Cardinals placed first baseman Albert Pujols on the 15-day disabled list Thursday, and activated pitcher Joel Pineiro in time to start against the Reds.
Pujols is expected to miss at least three weeks after straining his left calf while running out a ground ball in the seventh inning of the Cardinals' 7-2 win Tuesday at Cincinnati. The six-time All-Star and 2005 National League Most Valuable Player is hitting .347 with 16 home runs and 42 RBIs in 65 games. He is two home runs shy of 300 in his eight-year career.
The move is retroactive to Wednesday.
The right-handed Pineiro, who did not get a decision in Thursday's game, missed 19 games with a strained right groin.
Pineiro had a successful return to the mound, allowing three hits and striking out six in five innings. He allowed two runs.
He is 2-3 with a 4.41 ERA in nine starts.