- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Audrey M. Jokerst, 84, of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., died Thursday, June 12, 2008, at Ste. Genevieve Care Center.
She was born June 22, 1923, in Ste. Genevieve, daughter of August Louis and Marie Elizabeth Newingham LaRose. She and Clarence H. "Shim" Jokerst were married Nov. 8, 1947. He died March 15, 1995.
Jokerst taught grade school at St. Joseph School, Zell, Valle Grade School and Ste. Genevieve Grade School. She was a member of Sodality of Mary, VFW Auxiliary and hospital auxiliary.
Survivors include a daughter, Rebecca Kies of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Adrian LaRose of Plattsburgh, N.Y.; a sister, Vanna Cannon of Ste. Genevieve; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a sister, and a brother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Basler Funeral Home in Ste. Genevieve.
The service will be at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Church of Ste. Genevieve, with the Rev. Daniel Mosley officiating. Burial will be in Valle Spring Cemetery in Ste. Genevieve.