- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
Edna S. Rose, 83, passed away Thursday, June 12, 2008, at the Lutheran Home Assisted Living Center East.
She was born June 27, 1924, in Des Arc, Mo., daughter of Hansford and Millie Jackson Miller. She and Emil S. Rose were married July 17, 1950, in Piggott, Ark. He passed away Nov. 21, 1996.
Mrs. Rose received a teaching certificate from Flat River College, and taught many years in one-room schools in Wayne County. She retired as office manager at Brown Shoe Co. in Piedmont, Mo. She was a longtime resident of Piedmont and a member of First Baptist Church more than 50 years.
Survivors include a son, R. Joe Sullivan of Cape Girardeau; a stepson, Ardith Rose of Trenton, Mich.; a sister, Esther Collier of Burlington, Iowa; two grandsons, Jason Sullivan of Boston, Brendon Sullivan of Dublin, Ireland; a stepgrandson; and several great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, David Rose.
Visitation will be held from 1:30 p.m. to service time Sunday at Morrison-Worley Funeral Chapel in Piedmont.
A memorial service will be held at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the chapel. Interment will be in Meadows Cemetery at Annapolis, Mo.
Online condolences may be made at morrisonworleychapel.com.