- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
St. Louis officer on administrative leave after shooting suspect
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A St. Louis police officer is placed on administrative leave after shooting a suspect.
The shooting happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday as police tried to arrest a suspect. Investigators say the officer unsuccessfully attempted to stop the man with a stun gun. The officer then fired his weapon after noticing the suspect had a gun. Police say the suspect's injuries are not considered life threatening. The names of those involved have not been released.
Information from: KMOV-TV: www.kmov.com