- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Marcus "Marc" Boardman, 54, died Tuesday, June 10, 2008, at his home in Sikeston.
He was born Oct. 21, 1953, in Sikeston, son of the late Thomas Harold and Carletta Jones Boardman.
He was a member of First United Methodist Church, Sikeston Elks Lodge, Sikeston Jaycees and Community Teachers Association. He was a teacher 28 years at Thomas W. Kelly Elementary School in Benton, Mo., retiring in 2008.
On Nov. 26, 1986, he married Paulette Mather.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Austin Kyle Boardman of Cape Girardeau; a brother and sister-in-law, Kevin and Cathy Dian Boardman of Sikeston; and a sister and brother-in-law, Brenda and Phil Winters of Sikeston.
A brother, Michael Kenneth Boardman, preceded him in death.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home.
The service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at First United Methodist Church in Sikeston. The Rev. Geoff Posegate, pastor, and the Rev. Jeremiah Reeve, associate pastor, will be officiating.
Memorial contributions may be sent to: Kelly Elementary Playground Fund, Attn. Fara Jones, principal, Highway 77 North, Benton, Mo., 63736; or Sikeston Area Humane Society, 1900 Compress Road, Sikeston, Mo., 63801.