- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)17
Like many public school districts, the Jackson School District is raising money through a not-for-profit foundation to fund grants to classroom teachers and provide other extras for the district.
Formed in 2000, the Jackson Foundation has kicked into high gear in recent months. The foundation has attracted more than 50 businesses that have each pledged $2,000 to the foundation. A golf tournament and special programs sponsored by McDonald's have added more dollars.
Now the Jackson Foundation is raising its profile by sponsoring the district's first-ever Jackson All-School Reunion, which will be held in conjunction with the city's 100th Homecomers festival. The reunion will be July 26 at the high school gym. Alumni can get more information online at www.jackson-alumni.org.
The reunion is a major undertaking for the foundation, which has enlisted the help of dozens of volunteers who are making preparations and trying to contact as many individuals as possible who have attended Jackson schools. The reunion promises to be fun as well as keeping with the Homecomers tradition of bringing together current and former Jackson residents for good times and reminiscing.
Good luck to the organizers of the Jackson All-School Reunion -- and to the Jackson Foundation as it continues to find ways to enhance the learning experience for Jackson students.