- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Like many public school districts, the Jackson School District is raising money through a not-for-profit foundation to fund grants to classroom teachers and provide other extras for the district.
Formed in 2000, the Jackson Foundation has kicked into high gear in recent months. The foundation has attracted more than 50 businesses that have each pledged $2,000 to the foundation. A golf tournament and special programs sponsored by McDonald's have added more dollars.
Now the Jackson Foundation is raising its profile by sponsoring the district's first-ever Jackson All-School Reunion, which will be held in conjunction with the city's 100th Homecomers festival. The reunion will be July 26 at the high school gym. Alumni can get more information online at www.jackson-alumni.org.
The reunion is a major undertaking for the foundation, which has enlisted the help of dozens of volunteers who are making preparations and trying to contact as many individuals as possible who have attended Jackson schools. The reunion promises to be fun as well as keeping with the Homecomers tradition of bringing together current and former Jackson residents for good times and reminiscing.
Good luck to the organizers of the Jackson All-School Reunion -- and to the Jackson Foundation as it continues to find ways to enhance the learning experience for Jackson students.