- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gregory T. Wulfers, 79, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, June 10, 2008, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born Sept. 24, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, son of Ed and Clotilda Sieb Wulfers. He and Betty Selle were married May 7, 1955, in Cape Girardeau. She died Jan. 17, 2005.
Wulfers served in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict from Dec. 1, 1950, to Nov. 19, 1952.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church, Knights of Columbus and VFW Post 3838. He was a draftsman many years at Riverside Lumber and later worked at ABC Supply Co., retiring in 1993.
Survivors include a son, Phillip Wulfers of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Connie Matosich and husband Dennis of Imperial, Mo.; a brother, Jim Wulfers of Cape Girardeau; and a grandchild, Bobbie Matosich of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The service will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery with full military honors conducted by VFW Post 3838 and Missouri Honor Guard.
Memorials may be made to Alzheimer's Association.