- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
VIENNA, Ill. -- Margaret L. Whiteside, 82, of Vienna died Saturday, Aug. 7, 2004, at Meadowcrest Hospital in Gretna, La.
She was born March 16, 1922, at Wolf Lake, Ill., daughter of Lester Samuel and Ruth Victoria Boyce Hess. She and Derrel W. Whiteside were married March 26, 1948, in Dongola, Ill.
Whiteside worked several years at Clyde L. Choate Mental Health and Development Center in Anna, Ill. She was a member of First Methodist Church in Vienna.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Derrel Whiteside of Thompsonville, Ill.; a daughter, Kathy Lay of Ozark, Ill.; a sister, Geraldine Fitch of Anna; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and an infant sister.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Ed Holke and Larry Gilbert officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.