- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mary Evelyn Lane, 95, formerly of Jackson, died Monday, Aug. 9, 2004, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 1, 1909, in Medora, Ill., daughter of Ora and Alice Lovell Carmean. She and Paul D. Sivia were married in 1942, He died March 18, 1974. She and Carl J. Lane were married Sept. 25, 1978. He died April 18, 1979.
Lane received a master's degree at Sorbonne in Paris, France. She moved to Jackson in 1960 from Hannibal, Mo., and to Chateau Girardeau in 1996.
She taught school in Anna and Mount Vernon, Ill., Hannibal, and retired in 1976 from Cape Girardeau School District.
Lane was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson, and served as facilitator for Barrett Current Missions Group many years. She was a member of Thursday Literary Club, Suburban Garden Club, and volunteered at Saint Francis Medical Center.
Survivors include a stepson, Carl Lane Jr. of Los Angeles, Calif.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. today at Anna City Cemetery in Anna, with the Rev. Carter Frey officiating.
McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.