- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Margaret M. Birkman, 78, of Advance died Saturday, Aug. 7, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 13, 1926, at Whitewater, daughter of George and Annie McCormick Kinder. She and William Birkman Jr. were married Aug. 17, 1944.
Birkman was a machine operator for the Inland Shoe Co. in Advance, and she later retired as a machine operator for Henchel Manufacturing in Chaffee, Mo. She was a member of the Church of God of Prophecy at Delta and a member of the Delta Senior Citizens Club.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Kenneth Birkman of Advance, Timothy Birkman of Chaffee; a daughter, Shirley Givens of Whitewater; two sisters, Mary Hahn and Jewel Ross, both of Chaffee; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and one sister.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at Chaffee.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Revs. Dan Baggett and Jim Eskew officiating. Burial will be in Barks Chapel Cemetery near Crump.