- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
WOLF LAKE, Ill. — Sharon Kay Dodson, 62, of Wolf Lake died Saturday, June 7, 2008, at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
She was born Jan. 7, 1946, in East St. Louis, Ill., daughter of Harrison Joseph and Marguerite Elizabeth Wood Sorgea. She and Kenneth Dodson were married Aug. 27, 1966.
Dodson was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church. She was a 4-H leader many years, and had worked as an assistant teacher many years at Head Start.
Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Marguerite Sanders of Tulsa, Okla., Roberta Pinkerton-Byrd of Flora, Ill., Darline Smith and Julie Joellenbeck of Belleville, Ill.; a son, Kenneth Dodson Jr. of Scott City; a sister, Darline Johnson of Carlyle, Ill.; 20 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister, and a grandson.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna, Ill.
The funeral will be at noon Wednesday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Dennis Schaeffer officiating. Burial will be at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at Holy Cross Cemetery in Fairview Heights, Ill., with Dennis Hulsey officiating.