- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Eldorado, Ill. -- James Read, 65, of Eldorado, formerly of Anna, Ill., died Friday, June 6, 2008, at Ferrell Hospital in Eldorado.
He was born June 15, 1942, in Tamms, Ill., son of Lewis and Hazel Coleman Read.
Survivors include five sisters, Mary Jane Barbeau of McClure, Ill., Brenda, Ann and Sue Read, all of Niles, Ill., and Ruth Stilley of Minneapolis; and a brother, Donald Read of Dalton, Tenn.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna-Jonesboro, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Dennis Schaefer officiating. Interment will be in Calvary Cemetery in Villa Ridge, Ill.