- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Ronnie Lee Conklin, 56, of Jackson died Saturday, June 7, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Aug. 1, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of Oscar F. and Ruby Lucille (Underwood) Conklin.
He graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High School. He served in the U.S. Marines from March 25, 1969, to April 6, 1971. He was the owner and operator of Ace Drainage & Sewer and was a member of Carpenter's Local 1770.
He is survived by a daughter, Wendy Conklin (Jeffery) Street of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Ray Conklin of Kelso, Mo., and Jack Conklin of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Clara Bass of Pocahontas; and a grandchild, Chloe Elizabeth Street.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
Service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating.
Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau with full military honors by the Missouri Honors Team.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.