- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ronnie Lee Conklin, 56, of Jackson died Saturday, June 7, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Aug. 1, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of Oscar F. and Ruby Lucille (Underwood) Conklin.
He graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High School. He served in the U.S. Marines from March 25, 1969, to April 6, 1971. He was the owner and operator of Ace Drainage & Sewer and was a member of Carpenter's Local 1770.
He is survived by a daughter, Wendy Conklin (Jeffery) Street of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Ray Conklin of Kelso, Mo., and Jack Conklin of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Clara Bass of Pocahontas; and a grandchild, Chloe Elizabeth Street.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
Service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating.
Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau with full military honors by the Missouri Honors Team.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.