- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marion M. Thomas, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, June 6, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 21, 1926, in Lynville, Ky., the son of Stanley and Ruthie (Cook) Thomas. He and Laura Faye (Timmons) Thomas were married Dec. 19, 1959, in Springfield, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Marines during World War II and was the owner and operator of Marion Thomas Builders in Cape Girardeau, retiring in 1988. He was of the Baptist faith and a former member of the Masonic and Shriners Lodge.
He is survived by his wife, Laura Faye Thomas of Cape Girardeau; his sister, Evelyn Presson of Charleston, Mo.; and a daughter-in-law, Teri Thomas of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his son, Jeffrey Thomas, who died Dec. 14, 2004; five sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with pastor Jack Cathcart officiating.
Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau with full military rites by the Missouri Honor Team.
Memorials may be made to the Missouri Veterans Home or Teen Challenge International of Middle America.