- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Area digest 8/8/04
Scott County softball team 3-1 at national tournament
The Scott County Loose Cannons, a 16-and-under softball team, are currently 3-1 at the Northern National tournament in Kansas.
The Loose Cannons dropped their first game of the tournament on Saturday, loosing 4-2 to the Norwalk Stars. Scott County won its first three games of the tournament 4-2 over the Extreme Team, 1-0 over the Lightning and 2-1 against the Jaguars.
Scott County will play in the losers bracket final today with a chance to move into the finals of the 31-team tournament.
McKinney medalist at Cape Country Club
Vicki McKinney was medalist Thursday in the ladies day event at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
McKinney joined Deb Mealy and Mary Sue Layton on the first-place team.
-- From staff reports