- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CANALOU, Mo. -- Donald Lee Holder, 65, of Canalou died Wednesday, June 4, 2008, at his home.
He was born July 4, 1942, in New Berlin, Ill., son of Carl and Evelyn Workman Holder. He and Mary J. Nichols were married April 5, 1985, at Canalou.
Holder attended schools in Divernon and Auburn, Ill. He was a diesel mechanic with LaPlant Implement Co. in East Prairie and New Madrid, Mo. He was a member of Operating Engineers Local 513.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Justin Holder of Canalou; five daughters, Donna Hicks and Laura Nekkanti of Sikeston, Mo., Kerrie Smith of Montgomery City, Mo., Theresa Holder of Perryville, Mo., Susan Holder of Dyersburg, Tenn.; and a stepson, Bobby Kennedy of Salcedo, Mo.
Also four brothers, Lester Holder of Camdenton, Mo., Marvin and George Holder of Springfield, Ill., Gerald Holder of Auburn; four sisters, Mary Arnold of Willard, Mo., Gloria Garst of Palmyra, Ill., Kay Bishop and Dorothy Peck of Springfield, Ill.; and 16 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jim Hoyt officiating. Burial will be in Matthews Cemetery.