- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
SIKESTON, Mo. — James A. Westrich, 68, of Sikeston died Wednesday, June 4, 2008, at Hunter Acres Caring Center.
He was born Sept. 11, 1939, in Oran, Mo., son of Lawrence and Clara Glastetter Westrich. He and Margot Zimmerman were married June 12, 1961, in Benton, Mo.
Westrich had been a truck driver with Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee, Mo., and then was a warehouseman at Hart's Bread in Sikeston.
He served in the U.S. Army from July 8, 1958, to May 16, 1961.
Survivors include a son, James Gary Westrich of Oran; a sister, Patsy Weber of St. Charles, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Benton Chapel, with parish prayers at 7.
The service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Cemetery at Oran, with military rites conducted by Missouri Honor Guard.