- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Louie S. Smith, 67, of Dongola died Tuesday, June 3, 2008, at his home.
He was born Feb. 3, 1941, in Oran, Mo., son of Sam and Gladys Phelps Smith.
Smith lived in Union County most of his life. He was retired from Union County Highway Department. He was a member of Operating Engineers Local 318, VFW Auxiliary and Anna Moose Lodge.
Survivors include his wife, Dee Smith; a daughter, Lola Brethold of Anna, Ill.; two sons, Rick Smith of Anna, Roger Smith of Jonesboro, Ill.; three brothers, Clifford Smith of Hartford, Mich., Jim Smith of Jonesboro, Bill Smith of Mountain Glen, Ill.; three sisters, Alma Gilliam of Anna, May Patton of Three Oaks, Mich., Lucille Miller of Louisville, Ill.; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to service time Friday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Doug Bridgeman officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery in Anna.