- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Rusts celebrate 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Harry Rust of Cape Girardeau are observing their 50th wedding anniversary today.
Rust and Barbara Rose were married Aug. 8, 1954, at Centenary United Methodist Church by Dr. Robert C. Holliday.
Harry is the son of Wayne and Eva Rust, founders of Rust and Martin. He is an A.S.I.D. interior designer, and retired former owner of Rust and Martin Home Furnishings.
Mrs. Rust is the daughter of Forrest H. and Ruth Rose. Her father was dean at Southeast Missouri State University 25 years. She is retired co-owner of Rust and Martin Home Furnishings.
The couple has three sons and three grandchildren.