- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hannah J. Weir and John S. Gandt were married Dec. 19, 2003, at La Croix United Methodist Church. The Rev. Ron Watts performed the ceremony. Musicians were Chris and Shelly Nall.
The bride is the daughter of Rodney Weir and Ginger Anderson of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Don and Ginny Gandt of Bloomfield, Mo.
Maid of honor was Lindsay Dement of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Stefanie Watson, Meagan Reynolds and Mackenzie Price, all of Cape Girardeau; Brittney Weir of Fenton, Mo., cousin of the bride; Julie Schlosser of Scott City; and Veronica Gavan of Piedmont, Mo.
The groom chose his brother, Robert Gandt of Bloomfield, as best man. Groomsmen were Jason Massey, Steven Williams, Brian White and Brian Coggins, all of Bloomfield; Robert Weir of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; and Brian Overbey of Bloomfield, brother-in-law of the groom. Ushers were Jim Gandt of Bloomfield, brother of the groom; Matt Brandt and Chris Cole of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighters were Stevie Harbison of Bloomfield, niece of the groom; Abby and Luke Crites of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl was Katlyn Dumey of Cape Girardeau. Ringbearer was Hunter Gandt of Bloomfield, nephew of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance reception was held at Deerfield Lodge. Servers were Donna Gandt of Bloomfield, sister of the groom; Tonji Asher of Eureka, Mo., and Kim Weir of Fenton, aunts of the bride.
The groom's parents and the bride's father hosted the rehearsal dinner Dec. 18 at Mollies Cafe and Bar.
Mrs. Gandt is majoring in business education at Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed part time at Montgomery Bank.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in math education from Southeast. He is a math teacher and baseball coach at Kelly High School in Benton, Mo. He is serving with Missouri National Guard in Iraq.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.