- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Paul Dean Housman, 73, of Jonesboro died Monday, June 2, 2008, at his home.
He was born Sept. 29, 1934, in Anna, Ill., son of Ernest Franklin and Helen Groner Housman. He and Caroline M. Norrbom were married Nov. 28, 1969, in Riverside, Calif.
Housman was head of security for Los Angeles County Department of Hospitals in Los Angeles. He retired as chief of security at Clyde L. Choate Mental Health Center in Anna.
He was a lifetime member of Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455, past governor and member of Moose Lodge 1346, both in Anna, and was a member of Masonic Service Lodge in Long Beach, Calif.
Housman was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Paula Shankel of Fredericktown, Mo.; two sons, David Housman of Westminster, Colo., Daniel Housman of Imperial, Mo.; two sisters, Ernestean Lamer of East Alton, Ill., Nancy Vossenkemper of Bethalto, Ill.; a brother, Michael Coleman of Cairo, Ill.; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Thursday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tony Foeller officiating. Burial will be in McGinnis Cemetery.