- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jessica Annette Brown and Jeremy Wayne Birk were united in marriage July 17, 2004, at Zion Lutheran Church in Gordonville. The Rev. Wayne Schwiesow performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Alan and Rebecca Moneyhun of Jackson. The groom is the son of Gary and Donna Birk of Cape Girardeau.
Maids of honor were Christina McCulley of Jacksonville, Fla., and Karla Moneyhun of Jackson, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Mindy Jenkins, sister of the groom, and Rebecca Benton, both of Cape Girardeau.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Robby Jenkins of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the groom; Jared Brown of Jackson, brother of the bride; and Jesse Farris of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride. Ushers were Jim Lunsford of Marble Hill, Mo., uncle of the groom, and Jamie Birk of Florissant, Mo., cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were London and Taylor Hendershott, daughters of Kevin and Laura Hendershott of Cape Girardeau and cousins of the groom.
Flower girl was Haylee Jenkins, daughter of Robby and Mindy Jenkins and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Kale Moneyhun, brother of the bride.
Michelle Lunsford attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Jackson. Servers were Lynn Birk, Carol Schmidt and Debbie Benton.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 16 at Zion Church Parish Hall.
Mrs. Birk is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School, and attended Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Central High School. He is a cook at the Lutheran Home.
After a wedding trip to Las Vegas, Nev., the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.