- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kimberly Brooke Dodson and Andrew Eastwood Proffer were united in marriage May 15, 2004, at Grace United Methodist Church. The Rev. Scott Moon performed the ceremony. Pianist was Karla Drury of Cape Girardeau. Soloists were Sheila Eby of Whitewater, aunt of the groom, and Alicia Walther of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Bettie Dodson and Robert Dodson of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Gary D. Proffer of Chaffee, Mo.
Maid of honor was Sarah Dodson of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Matron of honor was Deanna Smith of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Audrey Mosebach of Springfield, Mo., cousin of the groom, and Jamie Drury of Cape Girardeau.
Wes Proffer of St. Charles, Mo., served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Gerald Beck and Stephen Bentley of Chaffee, and Nathan Matney of Springfield. Ushers were Jason Harrel and Garrett Senciboy of Chaffee, and Dustin Glastetter of Scott City.
Courtney Loucks of Chaffee attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Heartland Banquet Center in Jackson. Servers were Brittney and Veronica Bennett of Chaffee, cousins of the groom; Ellie Wehrenberg of St. Charles, Mo., and Crystal Schultz of Chaffee.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 14 at River Ridge Winery in Commerce, Mo.
Mrs. Proffer is a 1997 graduate of Central High School. She is pursuing a degree in interior design from Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom is a 1999 graduate of Chaffee High School. He is a senior majoring in physical education at Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield.
The couple is residing in Springfield.