- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
TAMMS, Ill. -- Lena Mae Peppersack Butler Barker, 87, of Tamms died Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2004, at her home.
She was born Dec. 10, 1916, in Elco, Ill., daughter of Samuel and Mary Meisenheimer Sharp. She and Raymond L. Barker were married Nov. 16, 1979, in Cape Girardeau. He died Dec. 18, 1996.
Survivors include three sons, Homer Butler of Hillsboro, Mo., Ron Butler of St. Charles, Mo., Ernest Butler of Tamms; three daughters, Shirley Dixon of Madison, Ill., Carrie Hale of Tamms, Peggy Holtmann of Madison; a sister, Ruth Schellingburg of Fairmont City, Ill.; 36 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three daughters, a son, a sister, a brother and two grandsons.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., from 11 a.m. until time of service today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Revs. Darrell Faire and Carl Land officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery in Dongola, Ill.