- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Inas Lavelle Young, 81, of Sikeston died Thursday, Aug. 5, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 24, 1922, in Pocahontas, Ark., daughter of James and Ellen Hibbard O'Neal. She and Lyndell Young were married Aug. 15, 1949, in St. Louis.
Young had been a waitress.
Survivors include her husband; two brothers, Raymond O'Neal of Bloomfield, Mo., Glen O'Neal of Jackson, Tenn.; two sisters, Mayme McChanhay and Faye Wheeler of Flint, Mich.
She was preceded in death by several brothers and sisters.
There is no visitation.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Nunnelee Funeral Chapel was in charge of arrangements.