- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lowell B. Stephens, 81, of Advance died Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 19, 1922, at McGee, Mo., son of James and Leada Trafford Stephens.
Lowell was a rural mail carrier 33 years in Advance, and a member of Advance Masonic Lodge.
He served in the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II.
Survivors include a son, Doug Stephens of Marble Hill, Mo.; a daughter, Jeanne Pettit of Perkins, Mo.; a brother, Claude Stephens of Advance; two sisters, Trella Shirrell of Advance, Opha Young of St. Louis; seven grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 9 a.m. to service time Aug. 13.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Brad Moore officiating. Burial will be in McGee New Hope Cemetery at McGee, with full military rites to be conducted.