- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PUXICO, Mo. -- Barbara Doublin, 79, of Puxico died Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 2, 1924, at Bell City, Mo., daughter of Seth and Carrie Farmer Overbey. She and Slick Doublin were married May 23, 1946. He died Dec. 30, 1973.
Mrs. Doublin was a member of Life Chapel Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include two sons, Dennis (Janet) Doublin of Puxico, Larry (Laurie) Doublin of Jackson; a daughter, Brenda (Lester) Phillips of Puxico; four brothers, Willie, Bennie and Brownie Overbey of Illinois, Jerry Dean Overbey of Wappapello, Mo.; eight grandchildren, Tim and Charlie Doublin, Steve, Scott and Justin Phillips, Christy Lindsey, Jeff and Tyler Doublin; 10 great-grandchildren, Ashley and Dustin Doublin, Matt and Danielle Phillips, Ashley, Jeremy and Hannah Phillips, Ty, Jared and Hayden Lindsey.
She was preceded in death by a son, Frank Doublin; three daughters, Bonnie, Margaret "Sue" and Shirley Sue Doublin; five brothers, Wattis, Leon, David, Glen and Carl Overbey; three sisters, Floy, Imo Jene and Dorothy Overbey.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. today at Morgan Sifford Funeral Home in Puxico.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Life Chapel Assembly of God Church, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Puxico Cemetery.