- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Eva Christine Moore, 91, of Advance passed away Sunday, June 1, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 22, 1917, near Advance, daughter of Bernice and Nellie Sims Moore.
Eva worked as a bookkeeper many years at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance. She also owned and operated Feed and Seed and a Gift Shop in Advance many years. She was a notary public and was named Democratic Woman of the Year in 1993. She was a lifetime member of Advance United Methodist Church, and had been the organist since 1932.
Eva is survived by a niece, Nedra Lois O'Brien of Advance, and a brother-in-law, Claud Corbin of Advance.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Nina Corbin.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Advance United Methodist Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Sarah Hamilton officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.
Morgan Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.