- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
St. Louis Children's Hospital ranked among best
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Children's Hospital is cited among the best in the nation in the latest ranking by U.S. News & World Report.
The 2008 edition of "America's Best Children's Hospitals" ranks St. Louis Children's as among the best in all seven specialty areas.
It is sixth in neurology and neurosurgery, 11th in neonatal care, 12th in respiratory disorders, 17th in general pediatrics, cancer care, heart and heart surgery, and 23rd in digestive disorders.
The rankings consider reputation, outcome and care-related measures such as nursing care, advanced technology, credentialing and other factors. The magazine also used input from nearly 50 experts.