- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Health Calendar 6/3/08
* Breast-feeding class: 3 to 4 p.m. in the Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The class covers topics such as the benefits and techniques of breast feeding, family involvement and support. For more information or to register, call 651-5825.
* Bosom Buddies: 6:30 p.m. at HealthPoint Plaza. The group is open to all women who have or have had breast cancer.
* Preparation for childbirth class: 5:30 to 9 p.m. in Saint Francis Medical Center. Comprehensive guide to expected bodily changes, labor signs and stages, pain control techniques and basic infant care. Tips on relaxing, positioning and breathing will also be discussed. Bring the "Pregnancy, Childbirth and Parenting Kit" provided by your physician's office. To register, call 877-231-2229.
* Our New Baby class: 6 to 7 p.m. in the Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The class is for children, ages 2 to 4, and their parents to help adjust to having a new baby. Children learn about holding, feeding and diapering the baby using dolls for 'hands-on' experience. For more information or to register, call 651-5825.
* Planned Giving Seminar: 5:30 p.m. at Saint Francis Conference Center. Learn about estate planning with your IRAs, tax-deferred investments, 401(k)s and other retirement accounts. The seminar will explore basic tax planning, wills and probate trusts estate planning using qualified accounts, charitable planning techniques and charitable gift annuities. The deadline to register is June 3. Call 331-5133.
* Breast-feeding support group: 10 to 11 a.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center. The group is designed to help the mother with breast-feeding after her discharge from the medical center. A certified lactation consultant will lead group members in sharing successful breast-feeding techniques and to encourage confidence in their skills. Call 877-231-2229 to register.
* Infant Care Class: 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center. A caregiver's manual for parents, grandparents and other care providers, Saint Francis' Infant Care Class covers topics such as feeding, daily care, infant sleeping patterns and valuable health and safety information. Call 877-231-2229 to register.
* La Leche League: 10 a.m. The league is a community breast-feeding support group. Meeting locations vary. For more information, call Amy Kiehne at 573-579-4196.
* Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Education Series: 6:30 p.m. in Health and Wellness Conference Rooms 1 and 2. Osteoporosis and fracture management will be discussed. Call 331-5880 or 888-216-3293 for more information.
* Diabetes Self-Management support group: 1 to 2 p.m. at HealthPoint Fitness. Demonstrators will present ideas for light summer desserts. Participants are invited to bring their own summer recipes to share with the group. To register or for more information, call the Diabetes Center at 339-0121.
* Mended Hearts Club: 6 p.m. in Cape County Park Shelter 20. The club will hold its annual picnic. Meat and tableware will be provided. Participants are invited to bring heart-healthy dishes to share and their own drinks.
* Share Support Group: 7 p.m. in meeting room 106 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Support group for parents and their relatives who have lost children due to miscarriage, still birth, neonatal death and ectopic pregnancy.
* Grief Support Group: 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church. Includes a separate group for grieving parents. For more information, call Pastoral Care at 651-5519 or Social Services at 651-5549.
* La Croix United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau, 2 to 6 p.m.
* Elks Lodge, Jackson, 2 to 7 p.m.
* Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse, Cape Girardeau, 1 to 5 p.m.
* Buzzi Unicem, Natatorium, Cape Girardeau, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.