- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Police follow soda machine's tracks back to store it was removed from
HUGHES, Ark. -- Police didn't have to look too hard to figure out the source of a soda vending machine found in a front yard -- they just followed the tracks.
Deputies from the St. Francis County sheriff's office spotted a Pepsi machine on Thursday in the yard of a home in Hughes. A set of dolly tracks in front of the machine led back to a liquor store less than a mile away that had reported it missing.
Two men in the yard fled when authorities arrived. One was arrested on suspicion of theft, fleeing on foot and obstructing government operations. The other remains at large.
About 1,800 residents live in Hughes, about 30 miles southwest of Memphis, Tenn.